"Sticky" Fingers

My 6-year-old seems to have "sticky" fingers (she took candy from a store without my knowledge) how do I talk to her about this?
One of my daughters did something similar when she was little but she took a gift card because she liked the picture and thought they were free. When we got home and I discovered she had taken it we had a long discussion about right and wrong and why she thought it was ok to take in this case she thought it was like a business card and had seen me take business cards before. After our discussion we went back to the store and she returned it and apologized and we have never had an incident like that again. Since that day she will ask about things like a candy bowl on a desk somewhere she will ask if she is allowed to just take one sometimes she asks me and sometimes she asks the person sitting at the desk or in the checkout line sometimes they have a bowl of candy there for sale and she always asks. If this is the first time this has happened I think talking about it and explaining would be the thing to do and also reassure them you are not mad it was a mistake and remind them to ask before touching things in the store or things that don't belong to them.